Title: Environmental Consultant
Tara O'Brien has a Bachelor of Science from Newcastle University and a Graduate Certificate in Environmental Studies. Tara has 25 years experience in coal and environmental laboratories and 12 years as an environmental consultant. Tara is a certified professional in erosion and sediment control (CPESC number 8255) and has specialised expereince in creating practical erosion and sediment management plans that meet the latest requirements outlined in Managing Urban Stormwater (the "Blue book"). Tara also has an extensive practical understanding of the environmental compliances on local, state and national levels required for many types of medium to large scale projects.
Tara is an environmental scientist at VGT Pty Ltd and has 20 years professional experience in chemical laboratories and environmental consultancies in diversified areas and roles.
Tara has extended her vast experience in various chemistry branches to environmental science. She has an extensive knowledge of planning instruments, environmental processes and management.
Technical Leadership and Expertise
Tara’s specific experience in environmental consultancy includes:
- Preparation of Environmental Impact Statements, Environmental Effects assessments, and Environmental Management Plans.
- Preparation of reports for clients and authorities to address ongoing environmental issues, including annual and monthly reports.
- Preparation of sediment and erosion management plans, and sediment basin designs.
- Preparation of landscape, rehabilitation and closure plans.
- Extensive knowledge of quality systems and quality assurance management.
Education and Professional Affiliations
Bachelor of Science
Graduate Certificate in Environmental Studies
Certificate in Sediment and Erosion Control